Search for content in message boards

Looking for origin of my Fallon Family

Replies: 0

Looking for origin of my Fallon Family

Posted: 1541436801000
Classification: Query
Surnames: Fallon
Grandma Ellen (Unknown Maiden Name) Fallon, approximate age 60 years, made the trip during the great Potato Famine, from Ireland (? Where) to Northampton, and boarded a ship with what I am assuming are her grandchildren, Abbie (listed as Noppy) aged 12 years, Margaret aged 17 yrs, and Patrick aged 2 years. They landed in October 1949 in New York City, per the manifest, and were supposedly headed for New Orleans.

They next show up in Toledo, Lucas County, Ohio. This is where Abbie and Margaret remained and got married and spent their lives.

This puts birth dates at; Ellen @1789 (give or take 10 yrs as she is listed on her death record in 1876 as being 100!) Margaret born @ 1832 (+/- 5 yrs), and Abbie or Nappy/Noppie born @1832 (probably close to this age by (+/-2yrs) and Patrick, born @1837.

Grandma Ellen is not found anywhere again until the 1870 Census living with Abbie and her husband Jeremiah Ford and family. Grandma Ellen dies not too long after this, in Toledo, and is buried here.

Is anyone missing an elderly Ellen Fallon toting grandkids, or perhaps other family members during the potato famine? There was also an older (20’s) Fallon male on the same ship, and others that came the same week but on different ships. I have not been able to tie the others to my Ellen and company except perhaps the gentleman on the same boat. He may be brother to my girls, or possibly an uncle.

If anyone has an idea where in Ireland they are from or who they are relation to, please please contact me, as this is an enormous brick wall for me.

Thank you so much for reading this! Jacki

Find a board about a specific topic