Search for content in message boards

Martin surname; William Francis Martin abt. 1915 Chicago, Illinois, USA, Irish descent

Replies: 2

Re: Martin surname; William Francis Martin abt. 1915 Chicago, Illinois, USA, Irish descent

Posted: 1537042047000
Classification: Query
Surnames: Martin surname; William Francis Martin abt. 1915 Chicago, Illinois, USA, Irish descent
Thank you, yes, I am continuing to search those, but you can only imagine with the name William Martin, and knowing so little, also trying the coastguard records etc. but finding it impossible to substantiate anything, by a longshot thought maybe someone might recognize the "machinist mate" in the coast guard, WW2, an Irishman, etc. He was born in America, but believe his parents were born in Ireland, as he seemed to identify himself as an Irishman. Tried Chicago and Michigan obits, haven't come up with anything yet, since I don't know his parents name, mother's maiden name, sisters, or brothers, or names of children, like a needle in a haystack. I only have a brief story and the info from his daughters (out of wedlock) birth certificate, and that he did or his mom at least, live in Michigan at one time in 1944, although he was in the coast guard at the time on duty, I believe.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
warriorartist... 1536967484000 
MichWisc 1537033075000 
warriorartist... 1537042047000 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic