Search for content in message boards

Bartholomew Murphy - Castleisland, County Kerry

Replies: 0

Bartholomew Murphy - Castleisland, County Kerry

Posted: 1534718234000
Classification: Query
I have recently seen these postings about Bartholomew Murphy of the Lighthouse area in Castleisland, County Kerry. I believe Bartholomew might be my great great Grandfather. My Grandfather is also Bartholomew, son of Patrick Murphy and Brigid Prendiville, born, September 4, 1894, in Castleisland. His siblings were Patrick, Timothy, and Mary. He came to the U.S. and settled in the Chicago area. Patrick and Timothy did as well, but I do not know about Mary. My Grandfather Bartholomew married Bridget O'Sullivan from Cahirsiveen, County Kerry. They met and married in the U.S. My Grandmother had sisters who also came to the U.S., but a sister, Hannah and a brother, Paddy (known as Silvie) remained in Ireland. Silvie had a dairy and remained in the family home in Cahirsiveen. I found a birth record for Patrick Murphy (b. July 25, 1864, Lighthouse) with a father listed as Bartholomew and mother as Catherine McCarthy. Patrick, I believe, would be my great grandfather. Is Patrick's father, Bartholomew, the same Bartholomew you speak of, born in 1829? I would appreciate any information you have. Thank you very much.

Find a board about a specific topic