I am trying to find whatever I can about the following families. They may be related to my Grandmom's Collins line out of Skibbereen.
John Collins married Mary Wholehan (Houlihan) 29-Nov-1873
** parents are not listed **, got info off of irishgenealogy.ie
1) Margaret, bap. 13-Sep-1874
Sponsor #1 Denis Collins (this might be my Great-grandfather in his teens)
Sponsor #2 Bridget Houlihan
2) Daniel, birth reg. 3-Jan-1877 (record from GRO)
Place of Birth: Kenmare, registered in the district of Kenmare in the Union of Kenmare
3) Jeremiah, twin brother to Daniel.
4) Denis, birth reg. 22-Nov-1879 (record from GRO)
Place of Birth: same as above
** Where is the father John Collins from?!? **
Daniel Collins married Elizabeth Lavery unknown where or when!!
1) Mary Ellen, bap. 31-Mar-1906 in Dereen
Sponsor #1 Daniel J Lavery
Sponsor #2 Catherine A. Collins
I believe that Daniel Collins and Catherine A. Collins could be my Grandmom's cousins, from Knockgorm, Caheragh, Skibbereen area but I have no proof! (They are in the 1901 census in Knockgorm).
2) Lawrence Collins, birth reg. 10-Feb-1913 (record from GRO), in Dereen in the district of Kenmare
On the birth record it says father Daniel is ex-constable of the R.I.C.
I cannot find this family *anywhere* in the 1911 census online. I don't know if it is because they were out of the country or Daniel was still a constable and the family had special living quarters.
If you know ANYTHING about these families I would LOVE to hear from you!!!!