Search for content in message boards

Reunite adoptees with birth parents

Replies: 0

Reunite adoptees with birth parents

Posted: 18 Nov 2010 9:36PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Duong unknown
My wife and I are in touch with many adoptees who are very interested in reuniting with their birth parents.

Many only know the name they were given at the orphanage and cannot be certain if their birth mother had the same family name.

Also, many do not know their actual date of birth, but have an approximate date -- estimated by the orphanage workers.

Some have been told stories of what area they came from, but they may not be able to trust all of the paperwork because of the chaos at the end of the war.

To add to the complexity, many believe that their birth parents may have left Vietnam at the end of the war.

If anybody has had any success in locating their family under these difficult circumstances, please share what worked for you (how you were able to make the connection).

Thank you.

Also, if anybody has any information on a girl at Hoi Duc Anh (orphanage) who was born sometime around Sep 1971, please reply. Her paperwork shows the name "Duong Thi Kimlan", although this may not have been her real name.

I welcome any and all replies.

Find a board about a specific topic