Search for content in message boards

Alfred Mann, warder Singapore prison

Replies: 1

Re: Alfred Mann, warder Singapore prison

Posted: 22 Feb 2010 8:52PM GMT
Classification: Query
Hi Jim..My father was a warder in Singapore prisons also and he started work there in 1929 I think.. I have managed to get some of his details on his date of employment and salary and name in the civilian internees of the Japs during the war list and that is about all.. I was lucky that I had a brother who was gong to Singapore so he managed to get these details for me,,However I did email the archives before he went and they had it ready for him to copy..There is not much in the way of archives I think as I think the Japs destroyed a lot..I checked what I had and sorry to say my surnmes starting with M start at Maycock so you just missed out a fraction ,,if you email the archives at this address
WeiMengOng/NHB/SINGOV@SINGOV or write to

Ong Wei Meng..Assistant Registrar.National Archives of Singapore..1 Canning Rise Singapore

and ask if they can do a search for you..you might be lucky .Sorry I cant help more than that..the above email addy looks a bit strange but that is what they had on my email..If you have any trouble just google Singapore Archives and see what email address they have.

Good Luck..
Mary
Sydney
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Jim Perkins 16 Feb 2010 4:24PM GMT 
Themaryp 23 Feb 2010 3:52AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic