Search for content in message boards

Lamberty or Lamberti Family Mauritius

Replies: 16

Re: Lamberty or Lamberti Family Mauritius

Posted: 13 Jan 2012 1:01AM GMT
Classification: Query
Dear Meriline

Thank you so much for that detailed information on the Lambertys. It was great to hear from you.

I notice that many of the names have ‘jean marie’ in front of them. Is that a tradition?

What was life like growing up in Mauritius? What made you emigrate, it looks like paradise.

Sorry for all the questions. My great grandfather was Henry Gilbert Lamberty (Raoul and Winston’s father) and I know that he married in Edinburgh to Louisa Torrie Murphy. On his marriage certificate it stated that his father was William Lamberty and mother Helena Gaspard. Do you know anything at all about them? I have hit this brick wall and I would love to know their story.

My own story only began fairly recently as I was adopted at birth and found out that my birth father was Derek Lamberty about 8 years ago. I have been researching ever since. Derek lives in Linlithgow and has 2 children, Carly and Russell. Derek’s father was Winston Lamberty. Derek’s memory of everything is a bit vague. As far as I was told, his grandfather lived in Mauritius, owned a mountain and had 100 slaves. This is pretty much all the information he gave me.

I am 46 years old now, married to Iain and have 4 children, Christopher who is studying Politics at Edinburgh Uni, Jemma who is studying dentistry at Dundee Uni, Laura and James are still at school. I work from home as a web designer. It is a business I set up about 12 years ago now so that I could have flexible working hours to fit in with the children growing up. I have never been to Mauritius but my husband has promised me a trip there for our silver wedding (next year) so I am looking forward very much to that. When we travel it is usually to USA where I have family from my adopted mother.

Thank you once again for getting in touch. I will add you on facebook shortly.

Elizabeth
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
eawhyte291265 13 Jan 2012 8:01AM GMT 
brams67 29 Feb 2012 7:48PM GMT 
Claude Rivièr... 1 Mar 2014 2:16PM GMT 
Aburtell 2 May 2013 11:15PM GMT 
Forfarian 10 May 2013 9:45AM GMT 
jrdantier 19 Jun 2012 11:56AM GMT 
eawhyte291265 19 Jun 2012 3:08PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic