Search for content in message boards

Lamberty or Lamberti Family Mauritius

Replies: 16

Re: Lamberty or Lamberti Family Mauritius

Posted: 29 Feb 2012 12:48PM GMT
Classification: Query
Hello Elizabeth

I was interested in your correspondance with Meriline. Uncle Winston was ever the joker and often embelished things! Talking to my dad, Winston's nephew and Winston's sister's son, he said they never had a mountain and slaves -probably just Uncle Winston being funny as ever! A story you may find of interest is that Uncle Winston used to be Sean Connery's dentist when he was a milk man and at times (allegedly) Sean couldn't afford the bills so Uncle Winston used to go easy on this. When he became famous and hit the big time, as a way of thanking him for this, he used to send Derek and Brian a Christmas present!
Uncle Winston (Ryland et al) used to have a lovely big house in Mauritius and had a monkey as a pet. Unfortunately it got shot stealing fruit from the neighbour's tree - my grandmother(Winston's sister) was very upset by this. They also had German Sheperd's as pets.
Uncle Winston spent many years tracing the family tree way back so I don't know who got this when he died - it may be worth asking Derek as this would give you a lot of the information you need. I guess you know the names of all Winston's brothers and sisters as he was one of 9. I still have difficulty remembering them all even though I knew them all from family gatherings - just was very young at the time when I met most of them. Uncle Winston, Uncle Hedley, Uncle Norman, Aunt May, Aunt Gladys and my Grandmother(Olive)were the ones I knew best. Uncle Winston used to go to my Gran's (Lulu as I called her as Uncle Winston gave her this name when I was wee and it stuck!) every Wednesday evening for tea and always wore different bow ties to amuse us! He also used to pretend to give me and my sister a karate chop when we used to go to him for our dental check ups - he was quite a character and had a great sense of humour. He was a very dashing, handsome man who dressed immaculately!
I hope this gives you a little more information.

SubjectAuthorDate Posted
eawhyte291265 13 Jan 2012 8:01AM GMT 
brams67 29 Feb 2012 7:48PM GMT 
Claude Rivièr... 1 Mar 2014 2:16PM GMT 
Aburtell 2 May 2013 11:15PM GMT 
Forfarian 10 May 2013 9:45AM GMT 
jrdantier 19 Jun 2012 11:56AM GMT 
eawhyte291265 19 Jun 2012 3:08PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic