Search the Boards

Search Results  - 123 Messages

per page

Re: Catherine A Shirer, abt 1801 - 185? Posted on: 05 Sep 2006, by mpbeck

Surnames > Shirer

Denny, thank you for your post/reply! I just discovered this branch of the old family tree this past weekend once I received my gr-gr-gr-grandfather Adam Burket's death certificate, which listed Cat...

Re: Catherine A Shirer, abt 1801 - 185? Posted on: 05 Sep 2006, by Denny_Shirer

Surnames > Shirer

Michael, Catherine is more than likely the daughter of Adam Scheurer. There were only two Scheurers in Southampton at this time and they were my ancestor Valentine Scheurer and Adam Scheurer. Valenti...

Catherine A Shirer, abt 1801 - 185? Posted on: 05 Sep 2006, by mpbeck

Surnames > Shirer

Looking for information on Catherine A Shirer, wife of Jacob Burket, of Southampton Twp, Somerset Co., PA. She was born around 1801 and is not listed after the 1850 census. Jacob and Catherine had...

Schurer,Schura, Shura Posted on: 23 Nov 2005, by Russ Shura

Surnames > Shirer

Information on a Millwright named Schurer who worked in the Hauge Mill in Slangerup, Denmark in 1855-1856. Schurer and Catrine Sundersun gave birth to a son on February 19, 1856. Their son was our Gra...

Re: Peter Shirer Posted on: 04 May 2005, by Denny_Shirer

Surnames > Shirer

Your very welcome! I am going to the library on Thursday. I will see if there are any burials for those Shireys in Warstler cemetery.

Re: Peter Shirer Posted on: 04 May 2005, by galswen1

Surnames > Shirer

I was able to contact the people at the Holy Trinity Lutheran Church and they have confirmed that Peter Shiry and Lidia Bennet were members there during the late 1830's. For what it's worth, a joint c...

Re: Peter Shirer Posted on: 01 May 2005, by Denny_Shirer

Surnames > Shirer

There was a large Swiss/German settlement in Plain Twp. and most of them were Lutheran. There is a Lutheran church right across the street from Henry Warstler Cemetery where many of them are buried. I...

Re: Peter Shirer Posted on: 01 May 2005, by galswen1

Surnames > Shirer

Hi Denny Thanks for the reply. Not sure what faith Peter was although there was mention of a "Friends Church" in oral family history. My grandfather (John William Shirey) claimed to be &quo...

Peter Shirer Posted on: 30 Apr 2005, by galswen1

Surnames > Shirer

I'm trying to trace part of the Shirey family that seems to go back to a Peter Shirer (1815 Penn) and Lydia (Bennett?). First indication of Peter is in Plain, Stark Co., Ohio in the 1840 census. He sh...

Re: Mary Martha Griley Posted on: 10 Apr 2004, by lspivey135

Surnames > Shirer

Mr. Shirer, thank you for your reply. The reason I am asking about this Mr. Griley is that a few years ago one of my former students noticed old newspapers (lots of them) at the recycling he manages ...

per page