Board:
Message Boards > Localities > North America > United States > States > Texas > Counties > Potter

URL:
http://boards.rootsweb.com/localities.northam.usa.states.texas.counties.potter/1517.1.1.1/
mb.ashx

Subject: Re: Gertrude Hudnall, Amarillo, Potter County, Texas, 1979
Author: HL2604
Date: Sunday, October 04, 2015
Classification: Query
Surnames:

You are correct in there has to be an original document prior to amendment. The more I delve into this the more intrigued I become. Did you compose the narrative attached to Louie's find-a-grave memorial? I've been laughing all day at the prospect of being kidnapped by a family that had children already. I'm suspicious of that occurring. Anyway, is it possible Gertrude was related on the maternal-side? Louie's WWII Draft Card indicates birth in Muskogee, OK 7 Apr 1894. In 1900, the Meads were in Lincoln and the Rowes (from Arkansas) were in Chickasaw Nation, OK. Thinking perhaps their paths crossed, I searched for but did not find a marriage record detailing a Bowen-male and Rowe-female. James C A Rowe's surviving sister, Lillie, was age 13 and residing with parents/siblings in 1900 OK-Chickasaw Nation-Sulphur Springs-Image 1. The search engine does not work well with them so lookup George Rowe born 1876 Arkansas and residing in Oklahoma. George's family lived next door. Gertrude aka Clarissa Gertrude (vice versa) and James C A Rowe had one surviving child, Ruth born ca. 1926. Perhaps her descendants can shed light on this mystery?