Board:
Message Boards > Localities > North America > United States > States > Texas > Counties > Marion

URL:
http://boards.rootsweb.com/localities.northam.usa.states.texas.counties.marion/868/mb.ashx

Subject: Any info on David W.H. Bolding/Bowling and wife Rebekah jane Black
Author: theladybird68
Date: Tuesday, January 27, 2015
Classification: Query
Surnames: Bolding, Bowling, Black

I am looking for any information on David W.H. Bolding/Bowling who was born c. 1825 in Tennessee. He married, circa 1851, Rebekah Jane Black. She was the daughter of Jacob and Margaret Peggy Sellers Black. I find them in the 1860 census for Marion County, Texas, and he is listed as "David" Bowling. Their sons, Jacob, William and James are listed also. By the 1870 census, Rebekah "Bowlin" is listed as a widow in Marion County, Texas with children Jacob, William, James and Elizabeth. She is listed again in 1880 in Marion County, Texas. She died in Cass County Texas in 1891. I do not find that she ever re-married.

I can't seem to find out what happened to her husband, who I have found listed various places as Davidand W.H. Bowling/Bolding. I assume they were married in Tennessee . I have checked the Civil War records but don't seem to find him, as the dates lend themseves to perhaps he died in the war. Any information about this Bolding/Bowling family would be of help.