Board:
Message Boards > Localities > North America > United States > States > Tennessee > Counties > Roane

URL:
http://boards.rootsweb.com/localities.northam.usa.states.tennessee.counties.roane/1220.2/m
b.ashx

Subject: Re: Valentine Ponder
Author: Phyllis Handkins
Date: Sunday, February 19, 2017
Classification: Query
Surnames:

I am a descendant of Valentine Ponder through William Jasper Ponder, the son of Pleasant and Sarah Bogart. I'm very confused as to Morgan and Ann (Hines) Wilson being Valentine's parents. Valentine was born in 1782. Morgan has always been shown as being born in 1720 which would make him 62 at the time of Valentine's birth. Also, Ann has always been shown as being born in 1710 which would make her 72 at the time of Valentine's birth. Unless Valentine was a very virile man I'm doubting he could father a child at that age and Ann would have ceased bearing children in her mid 40's. I suppose the mother could have been one of his other wives, but that would have made Morgan even older. In short I think we are missing a generation. I realize this post is old, but I hope you see it and can understand my dilemma. I have stopped my Ponder ancestors with Valentine because I have not been able to reconcile his lineage. If you want to respond by email I am at phandkins@hotmail.com

Thanks
Phyllis Handkins