Board:
Message Boards > Localities > North America > United States > States > Tennessee > Counties > Roane

URL:
http://boards.rootsweb.com/localities.northam.usa.states.tennessee.counties.roane/1220.1/m
b.ashx

Subject: Re: Valentine Ponder
Author: fecooke
Date: Friday, March 16, 2007
Classification: Query
Surnames:

Larry,

I saw your message on Ancestry re Valentine Ponder. I am working on him for my wife. I may be able to help as I live on the Eastern Shore of Maryland near Queen Anne's County where the Ponders lived during the first half of the 18th century. They are members of the St. Luke's Episcopal Church there. I have some new information on the wives of Morgan Ponder.
My current problem is connecting Valentine Ponder to his children and to his parents. My wife is a direct descendent of Pleasant Ponder, who is reputed to be Valentine's child, along with Achsa, Samuel, and William. I found Valentine in the 1830 and 1840 censuses but not in the 1810 or 1820 censuses. The children in those censuses are consistent with the information that I have on them in regard to sex and age. I could not locate Valentine or any wife in the 1850 or 1860 censuses. I am not sure of the second and third wives. I see the marriage records, but is this the same Valentine?
I would be interested in knowing what you have in the way of sources. I look forward to hearing from you.

Frank Cooke