Board:
Message Boards > Localities > North America > United States > States > Rhode Island > Counties > Washington

URL:
http://boards.rootsweb.com/localities.northam.usa.states.rhodeisland.counties.washington/1
063.1.2/mb.ashx

Subject: Re: Ann Morrison Lindsay (b. 1880)
Author: BakerJ97
Date: Wednesday, January 07, 2015
Classification: Query
Surnames:

Dear Bob,
I'm assuming you and I are related. I am Clara Champlin Coolbroth's granddaughter. As far as our family knew, Clara was an only child. For most of her life, she told people that her mother Annie died at 21 of asthma. About a year before she died, she told my mother that her mother Annie left, her parents divorced. Clara sat on the judge's lap answering his questions at an "inquest."
My grandmother mentioned that she met Annie's mother (her grandmother, Margaret) once at her other grandmother's house (as Ida was a jealous woman). Margaret had a very strong brogue that was difficult to understand. But Grandma remember hearing her say "You look just like my Annie."
Annie's always been a mystery. I would love to know what happened to her, too. And Margaret is a total surprise. We didn't hear about her until your messages here.
Thanks,
Jacqui Baker