Board:
Message Boards > Localities > North America > United States > States > Rhode Island > Counties > Washington

URL:
http://boards.rootsweb.com/localities.northam.usa.states.rhodeisland.counties.washington/1
063.1/mb.ashx

Subject: Re: Ann Morrison Lindsay (b. 1880)
Author: bchamplin186
Date: Saturday, December 14, 2013
Classification: Query
Surnames:

The information I have on Joseph Edwin Champlin and his first wife, Annie Morrison Lindsay pretty much agrees with what you wrote in your querie. I too, have no idea what became of Annie. The two children remained in Joseph's care after Annie disappears from OUR view some time between 1905 (she was enumerated with Joseph then) and 1908 (when Joseph married Ida Frances Lapham. That Joseph retained custody suggests that Annie died rather than divorcing Joseph as the children typically (but not always, of course) go with the mother in cases of divorce.
Joseph and his second wife are buried together in Ashaway, Rhode Island's Oak Grove Cemetery where I found their shared gravestone on May 7, 1995.
Annie's parents are buried in Westerly's River Bend Cemetery, so I would suspect that if Annie died circa 1905-1908 (more likely in 1906 or 1907) that she might be buried with or near her parents (who died in 1914 and 1926). There's less of a chance that Annie is buried with or near Joseph in Ashaway as Joseph remained in Westerly for many years after he remarried.
If Annie remarried, perhaps a computer sort search of RI burials by "Annie M." or "Annie Morrison (Lindsay)" might yield something.
Sorry I can't be of more help. Let me know if you find something.
Bob Champlin