Board:
Message Boards > Localities > North America > United States > States > Rhode Island > Counties > Kent

URL:
http://boards.rootsweb.com/localities.northam.usa.states.rhodeisland.counties.kent/473/mb.
ashx

Subject: Anna Green Fish and Benoni Fish
Author: Lauren McKeon Jenkins
Date: Saturday, January 21, 2017
Classification: Query
Surnames: Fish Green Potter

Hello,
I'm stuck at a point on my family tree where I have conflicting information and missing information with little to go on from later generations. My G-G-grandmother, Hope Clarinda Fish, born in Rhode Island in 1876 according to a family bible that has "Anna Green" on the cover. The bible lists only two things, Hope Clarinda's birth in 1876 and the marriage of Benoni Fish and Anna Green in 1876. Inside the bible was an old hand-typed genealogy of the Potter family that ends with Benoni Fish's generation (his grandmother was a Potter). It also has handwritten checks marks next to his name and his lineage with the notes "your direct lineage." However, I can find very litle and nothing concrete about an Anna Green online (a few family trees show a Susan Green as Hope's mother but most list Julia Potter) and it appears that Benoni married a Julia Elizabeth Potter a few years later and many records show her as Hope Clarinda's mother. So perhaps Anna/Susan died and he remarried but this is one main area where I am stuck.

There is one grave site in West Warwick for an Anna Fish died 1877 and I am trying to figure out how to send away for any records that might go along with that burial that would list a husband, family and hopefully a maiden name so I can figure out if it is my G-G-G-grandmother and then continue research.

I hesitate to dig any higher in the tree until I solve this mystery and know for sure who my ancestor is. I'd appreciate ANY information or suggestions -- thanks!

Lauren (McKeon) Jenkins