Board:
Message Boards > Localities > North America > United States > States > Oklahoma > Pre-Statehood Territories > Indian Territory - 1900 > Creek Nation

URL:
http://boards.rootsweb.com/localities.northam.usa.states.oklahoma.prestatehood.indianterr1
900.creeknation/1151/mb.ashx

Subject: North Fork Town/Early Creek Settlers
Author: J. McCoy
Date: Monday, September 09, 2002
Classification: Query
Surnames: Carr

I have a strong beliefs that my gGrandfather's father first arrived into I.T. @ Ft. Gibson, then migrated down into the North Fork region near Eufaula.

It is recorded that my ggGrandfather is buried "East of Eufaula, where they moved the bodies to build the lake". His name was Thomas Carr (full blood Creek). Thomas Carr's wife was "Cosoe". Their son (my gGrandfather) was Rev. Robert Carr who later migrated to Wetumka.

Does anyone know where early creek emigrants who first came to I.T. & settled near Eufaula, I.T. may have been buried? Robert Carr attended the Asbury Manual Labor Mission in his early years (1847-1860's). Where could I locate Asbury School records of early students & where do you suppose Thomas Carr is buried? Not sure if this Thomas Carr is the brother to Paddy Carr or not.

Robert Carr's 1/2 sisters:
Mrs. Washington Grayson.
& Lydia Childers.

Full brothers:

Pat (Patrick) Carr
William "Bill" Carr
Louisa Carr Benson (md. to Dave Benson) - Wetumka

Need help. My e-mail: osu1cowboy@yahoo.com