Board:
Message Boards > Localities > North America > United States > States > New York > Counties > Cortland

URL:
http://boards.rootsweb.com/localities.northam.usa.states.newyork.counties.cortland/1377.2.
1.1.1.2/mb.ashx

Subject: Re: Seeking connections-link to Adelaide CRANDALL GREEN descendants from Cortland County, NY
Author: kdunne2006
Date: Tuesday, April 18, 2017
Classification: Query
Surnames: Crandall

Good Morning

The earliest census I have for Adelaide Crandall is 1850 Homer. The census shows that she was born in PA.
The 1855 census is uneventful
The 1860 census shows her in Warren PA living with her brother and I presume, her aunt on her father's side.
1865 she is back with her parents.
1870 she is a domestic servant for the Rose Family (originally from Truxton) in Cortlandville. She has a one year old son, Willard (later known as William) with the last name listed as Ellis (I don't know which Ellis this is but there were several in Truxton)
The 1875 census shows her living in Truxton as the head of the household with the now William and 1 year old Addie whose fathers name is not listed.
1880 census shows her a housekeeper for Bacie in Homer with Willie Crandall.
1880 census for Truxton shows 6 year old Annie living with John and Eliza Tait. An obituary for Eliza Tait mentions her adopted daughter Annie Mccall.
She goes on to marry George Green and at this point William is given the surname Green.
Amoung other children, Adelaide and George have Maude Green who marries Irwin Keller.
It is through Maude Green Keller that I found the grave of Addie Green. I can't explain the date on the headstone nor the bio note that she was born in Schenectady.

Your Thoughts?

The tree is Crandall Family My user name is kdunne2006 and again, my mission was to confirm that Addy Crandall had a daughter.