Board:
Message Boards > Localities > North America > United States > States > Iowa > Counties > Floyd

URL:
http://boards.rootsweb.com/localities.northam.usa.states.iowa.counties.floyd/915.1.1/mb.as
hx

Subject: Re: Henry Berry 1856- ?; son of William Berry & Elizabeth Harmon
Author: Debbie Schermerhorn
Date: Thursday, April 28, 2016
Classification: Query
Surnames: Berry, Hunt, Schermerhorn

I have been researching my husband's family history since 2012. His 2nd great-grandfather was Henry P. Schermerhorn, the neighbor of William Berry who signed the affadavit as a witness to William and Hulda's age. In the Harmon family history there was an account of William and Henry not only being neighbors but close friends. Both men were close in age and originally from "back east"—William from NH and Henry from NY—and blacksmiths. They formed a partnership and opened their blacksmith business together in Floyd, IA. William named his son after Henry Schermerhorn.

I know that it's been many years since you originally wrote your post, but there was a response from Pat Hunt, who had a photo of a man with a long beard and other children. I'm wondering if that might be a photo of William's good friend Henry? Henry was married to Sally Ackley and is buried in the Westside Cemetery. I have a photo of Sally and her son Phillip, but I cannot find any photos of Henry and daughters Nancy and Louisa. I would love to see that photo if possible.

Pls contact me at familyhistory@pcisys.net