Board:
Message Boards > Localities > North America > United States > States > Indiana > Counties > Wells

URL:
http://boards.rootsweb.com/localities.northam.usa.states.indiana.counties.wells/2173.1.2.1
/mb.ashx

Subject: Re: John and Catherine Arnold Maddux family
Author: Janet L Smith
Date: Monday, February 06, 2006
Classification: Query
Surnames: Smith, Overly, Miller, Davis

Mark,

May have found a connection to the Maddux Family after all. It seems that John W. Maddux's first wife, Catharine Miller is the daughter of John and Hannah (Smith) Miller. I am working on confirmation but I believe that she is the sister of James Smith, my 3GGrandfather. The Millers, the Smiths' and the Overly are founding members listed in a historical account of the Nine Mile United Methodist Church...I will attach a text transcript. John and Hannah were likely the couple married in Darke County, Ohio on 12/23/1824. Census records seem to support this possiblilty. The Charles Miller listed in the write up is likely their oldest son born a year after they were married. It is interesting to note that Charles Miller is listed in the 1850 Census between James and Susannah (Overly) Smith and Thomas and Emeline (Asher) Overly. Any information that you might have on this Miller family would be appreciated.
Thanks,

Janet Smith

I attached the census records but could not attach the write up. It did not support the file type. I am willing to share with anyone who is interested. Will send to to you direct.