Board:
Message Boards > Localities > North America > United States > States > Indiana > Counties > Wells

URL:
http://boards.rootsweb.com/localities.northam.usa.states.indiana.counties.wells/2173.1.1.1
/mb.ashx

Subject: Re: John and Catherine Arnold Maddux family
Author: Janet Smith
Date: Monday, July 11, 2005
Classification: Query
Surnames: Maddux, Heckman, Smith

I have an interest in both the Heckman and Maddux Families. William F. Smith married Dessie Heckman on April 15, 1905. She appears to have died prior to the 1920 Federal Census. They did have two children, Virgil and Della Smith. If this woman is related to you can you tell me who her parents are?

My interest in the Maddux family comes from a project that I am collecting information on. In 1906 there was a quilt made by the Ladies Aid society at the United Brethen Church in Nine Mile Indiana. On the Quilt all the names of all the Members of the church were embroidered on pieces of fabric and then assembled into Crazy Quilt Blocks. I am collecting data on all these families so one day I can write a book about this church and it's members. On the Quilt there is a Mrs. F. Maddux, (I have learned that it is Frank), James Maddux, Stanton Maddux and Minnie Maddux. I did find them in the 1900 Federal Census. If you have any information on this Madux family I would appreciate it.

Thanks,

Janet Smith