Board:
Message Boards > Localities > North America > United States > States > Indiana > Counties > Wells

URL:
http://boards.rootsweb.com/localities.northam.usa.states.indiana.counties.wells/2173.1.1/m
b.ashx

Subject: Re: John and Catherine Arnold Maddux family
Author: James Maddox
Date: Sunday, July 10, 2005
Classification: Query
Surnames:

I have not followed the Campbell or Heckmen lines but I wish i knew how you connected into the Maddux line as I am interested in living relatives like myself. My Great Great Grandfather was John Wesley Maddux, the son between William and Nathan. My Great Grandfather Andrew was the oldest son of John Wesley Maddux by his second wife Sarah Elizabeth Black Holcomb. Andrew married Sarah Jane Brickley and died young leaving three children Floyd (my Grandfather), Frank (whose children live in Michigan) and Martha (White) whom I know nothing about. Three years after Andrew died Sarah Jane Brickley Maddux married John Henry Miller and moved to MoArk, Arkansas between Corning, ARkansas and Poplar Bluff, MO Since my Grandfather Floyd was over 2 1/2 at the time and was raised as one of the Miller boys, he did not know how to spell his name so he spelled it Maddex. His children Deloy, Ernest, and Laville went to school and their teacher made them change it from Maddex to Maddox. We did not realize until five years ago that it should have been Maddux