Board:
Message Boards > Localities > North America > United States > States > Illinois > Massac County Genealogical Society [MCGS]

URL:
http://boards.rootsweb.com/localities.northam.usa.states.illinois.mcgs/386.2.2.2.2.2.3.1.2
/mb.ashx

Subject: Re: Sara Elizabeth Copeland
Author: dkhall85191
Date: Wednesday, July 22, 2015
Classification: Query
Surnames: COPELAND, SHORT, SIMPSON

Hello Janette,
I have copies of the pictures of the graves for Sarah Short and her husband John Copeland. These graves were on the Riley farm in western Massac Co., IL. My family bought this farm in 1909 and the cemetery where they are buried was on this property.
Back in the early 80's the Massac Genealogical Society came out to the farm to survey how many graves might actually be on the premises. It was determined that there were over 200 graves at one time. Now, sadly, there are only 3 visible stones. That is all I ever remember being there.
So one is for Sarah, one for John (the parents of Joshua Short Copeland) and one for their grand daughter. The grand daughter is a Simpson so she is the daughter of John and Sarah's daughter who married a Simpson. This child was about 2 or 3 years old. I have a photo for her stone as well.
Please send me a email and I'll send you a copy of these 3 photos. I also have a copy of the Copeland/Little book by A. Lucille Harney and Fairline Bigley
My contact information is for Karen Riley Hall and you can send me a note at dkhall85@yahoo.com