Board:
Message Boards > Localities > North America > United States > States > Illinois > Massac County Genealogical Society [MCGS]

URL:
http://boards.rootsweb.com/localities.northam.usa.states.illinois.mcgs/386.1.1.1.1.2/mb.as
hx

Subject: Re: Sara Elizabeth Copeland/Tressa Myrtle Hit
Author: Linda Grinnell
Date: Friday, May 21, 2010
Classification: Query
Surnames:

Pam,

Sorry I'm just now replying to your 2005 post--just saw it. Myrtle Tressa was the 2nd wife of my great-grandfather, John Hille. His first wife died in 1906 and you said she died in 1914 so they married sometime within those years--probably around 1908. I'm sorry to say that John Hille had many personal problems and after Myrtle died his sister went to court to try to block him from receiving some inherited money because she was taking care of their child "Orville" who I think was five years old because John Hille wasted and squandered his money and didn't support his child adequately.

You or Deena mentioned that they had a child named Lewis G. Hille. I don't know anything about him. In fact I had been told they their second child was Orlan or Arlan. So--I wonder if they had three children. That I'm aware of, the children didn't live to be adults.

I hope someone can shed some light on these 2 or three sons of Myrtle Tressa and John Hille. I can tell you that John Hille died in 1927.

Linda Rogers Grinnell