Board:
Message Boards > Localities > North America > United States > States > Illinois > Counties > Clinton

URL:
http://boards.rootsweb.com/localities.northam.usa.states.illinois.counties.clinton/444.2.1
.1/mb.ashx

Subject: Re: Casey's in Clinton County
Author: vkgriffin
Date: Monday, March 29, 2010
Classification: Query
Surnames:

I am trying to figure out whether Lydia Lecroy was a sister to my Ephraim Lecroy of Wayne County. What I know is that Ephraim Lecroy and Jane Pool were married in Bond County, Illinois, in Jan.31 1843. Married just three weeks before that were Joshua Sharp and Mary Ann Lecroy . Joshua Sharp signed the marriage license of Ephraim and Jane.
Lydia Lecroy married William Hill in 1842, while a Mary Ann Lecroy (not the first Mary Ann) married John Hill in 1842 or so. I am wondering if Mary Ann Lecroy who married Joshua Sharp might have been the mother of Ephraim, Lydia, and Mary Ann (who married John Hill.
In the 1850 census, Lydia and William Hill live next door to Mary Ann and John Hill. Also, living with Mary Ann and John was a Wesley Lecroy who was listed at being born in 1838. Was he the youngest sibling to Ephraim, Mary Ann and Lydia? Along with that .......living with Lydia and William Hill was Catharine Sharp, born 1843 in Illinois. Could she have been the offspring of Mary Ann (Lecroy) and Joshua Sharp?
I have not been able to find either Joshua or Mary Ann in 1850, so I am wondering if they died and the young children were sent to live with older siblings. Anyhow......... to reiterate..... I believe that Lydia Lecroy may have been a sibling to my Ephraim. Any thoughts on this?