Board:
Message Boards > Localities > North America > United States > States > Georgia > Counties > Dade

URL:
http://boards.rootsweb.com/localities.northam.usa.states.georgia.counties.dade/985/mb.ashx

Subject: John & Ari Riddley McBrayer Family
Author: Serena_McBrayer
Date: Monday, November 26, 2007
Classification: Query
Surnames: McBrayer, Lively, Riddley

Hi there! I am looking for anyone who can help me make a hole in this brick wall of a family. I don't have much info on these guys. The little bit that I do have has been given to me by one of my hubby's cousins. She worked very hard to get to the same brick wall I have found.

This is what I know:

John & Ari Riddley McBrayer were married sometime before 1879, probably in Dade County, but not sure. John was born in 1858 and died sometime before 1900. Ary was born in April of 1857 (according to the 1900 census). She took her kids and settled in Walker County Alabama sometime afterward. They had Fritz, Beulah, Alfred, William Arthur, Dock Monroe, and an unknown child that died.

Fritz (b. April 1879) married someone named Myrtle who was born about 1888 in Tennessee. They had Hudell in 1904, Herman in 1908, Hazel in 1911, Russell in 1914, Howard in 1916, and Bertha in 1919.

Beulah (b. February 1882) married Albert Joslin who was born about 1879 in Tennessee. I don't have any children listed for them.

Alfred was born in April 1883, but I don't have any other info on him.

Dock (b. 5-26-1887) married Lizzie Rose Ricketts who was born about 1887 in Tennessee. They had Walter (b. 1910), Fred (b. 1913), Marine (or Renie as they called her) was born in 1922, and Manuel Levi was born in 1924. Manuel is my hubby's grandpa.

Last week I asked Grandma Margaret (Manuel's wife) if I could copy her pictures. As we were going through them all, we came across a couple of pictures. She couldn't remember who they were exactly, but she did remember that they were Aunt Tilly McBrayer Lively's kids. She told me to write "The Lively Girls" on the back of the photo of just her girls. Does anyone know these names?

Can anyone help me to break through my wall? I would love to be able to find out who John's parents were.

I haven't been able to find any census records on them before 1880. And it appears that they were either living with or next to a family that is possibly hers. They are listed under Hamton Riddly's family and Alford Ridly's family. I actually am leaning toward Hamton being her father and Alford being her brother, but I have not followed this train of thought long enough to even find out if it is possible other than the ages would be right.

I would very much appreciate any help that can be given.

Thanks!
Serena McBrayer