Board:
Message Boards > Localities > North America > United States > States > Georgia > Counties > Dade

URL:
http://boards.rootsweb.com/localities.northam.usa.states.georgia.counties.dade/1059.1/mb.a
shx

Subject: Re: Cemetery
Author: Sherry E Sherman
Date: Saturday, August 13, 2016
Classification: Query
Surnames:

Source of all info below = "Dade County Georgia Cemeteries; Compiled by Steve & Sue Forrester and Friends; Published by Dade County Historical Society with permission of the Forrester Family; Reprinted November 2013."

The book is a census of cemeteries of Dade County as of 1992. There are 52 cemeteries listed - many are small private cemeteries that now, 24 yrs later, are inaccessible.

Page 94: "Hooker Cemetery, Hooker, Dade County, Georgia"
There is no listing for any BURNS buried in this cemetery. However, this is one of the largest cemeteries in Dade County. It has been expanded multiple times over its years of existence, which appears to be from the late 1800s forward. There are MANY unmarked graves & unidentifiable fieldstone markers; some are marked simply "child" or "baby" and even some with only initials.

There are 3 BURNS buried in Old New Salem Cemetery of New Salem GA: "Baby Burns, Oct 27, 1985, 1 day" - "Steven R Burns, May 1, 1964-Jun 14, 1980, Son" - "Jimmy Dale Burns, Feb 4, 1966-Sep 18, 1988, Son and Brother" - all 3 are noted as having Moore Funeral Home markers and they are side by side. In Sarah's Chapel Cemetery of Morganville GA, there are 2 BURNS: "Bessie A Burns, Oct 2, 1907-Sep 5 1988, Mama" and "Elmer H Burns, Aug 28, 1902-Mar 8, 1969" - next to each other. Both New Salem & Sarah's Chapel are in Dade County.

I am NOT related to this family. I am simply another genealogist paying it forward. I reside in Dade County & have access to this book. If I can be of further help, my email = sherry.e.sherman@gmail.com.