Board:
Message Boards > Localities > North America > United States > States > Connecticut > Counties > Windham

URL:
http://boards.rootsweb.com/localities.northam.usa.states.connecticut.counties.windham/994.
1002.1001/mb.ashx

Subject: LaCroix
Author: Pamela Jones
Date: Friday, December 29, 2000
Classification: Query
Surnames:

I apologize for my ignorance. I wasn't really expecting anyone to try to answer me!

I've run into two dead-ends on my family tree. The first on my mother's side, the LaCroix family of Putnam Heights. I'm looking for the parents of my great-great-grandfather, Michell LaCroix, born October 29, 1825. I don't know if he was born in Connecticut or in Canada. I believe his parents' names were Charles and Marie, but I only have that on the opinion of my mother's cousin. Michell died August 12, 1898 and is buried at St. Mary's Cemetary in Putnam. He was married to Mathilda Danserau, who is buried beside him.

On my father's side, there are many questions. My grandfather, William Wallace Jones, currently resides in Putnam. I don't have any information on his ancestry, other than his father's name was Wallace "Skinny" Jones. William, my grandfather, was raised by his grandmother, Ann Warren who was born in 1873 and died in 1947. She was married to Fred Warren. I would like to trace the name Jones. The family story is that Wallace "Skinny" fathered 21 children by two women during his day. I think he must have died in the late sixties, probably in Putnam. I don't know the names of the women he married(?), or of his parents.

One more question! My grandmother on my father's side was Ellen Dolan. Her mother was Lucy Labreche(spelling?) I don't have any information on my great grandfather (Mr. Dolan) who was a milk man who died in a vehicle accident at an early age. I'd also like to find out about the Labreche (Lebrec, or another spelling?) because they owned the LaCroix family farm in Putnam Heights (66 Liberty Highway) before my grandfather bought it in the 30s.

Thank you, any help you can give would be greatly appreciated.

Pamela Jones,
Sacramento, California