Board:
Message Boards > Localities > North America > United States > States > Connecticut > Counties > Tolland

URL:
http://boards.rootsweb.com/localities.northam.usa.states.connecticut.counties.tolland/2062
.1.1.1.1.1.2.1/mb.ashx

Subject: Re: Carter T. Baughan -was in Colquitt, GA in 1870
Author: princeshaw
Date: Saturday, September 03, 2011
Classification: Query
Surnames:

I was very happy to stumble across your post. I am an African American descended from the slaves of Henry D. Shaw. Shaw lived in Kingstree, SC from 1796 to 1866. Shaw was the father of Roddy or Roddie that you wrote about. I have researched my history and by extension, the history of the white Shaws. I have detailed the histories of all of the children of H. D. Shaw. However, I was never able to find out much about Eleanor Louisa Shaw after she left Kingstree. She married Dr. Richard Jarrott. They moved to Florida and then Georgia where they settled in Colquitt in Miller County. I spent years searching for information about their descendants that came from their children listed in the 1850, 60 and 70 censuses. Your post provided clues about Roddy and I have found extensive information about the line of Roddie’s sister Elizabeth. Do you have any information about what happened to the other siblings of Roddie?