Board:
Message Boards > Localities > North America > United States > States > Connecticut > Counties > Tolland

URL:
http://boards.rootsweb.com/localities.northam.usa.states.connecticut.counties.tolland/115.
301.304.310/mb.ashx

Subject: Simon Baxter
Author: ar540
Date: Sunday, November 28, 1999
Classification: Query
Surnames: Baxter, Mann, Shipman, Thomas

Jerry - I would also like to share information with you. I have accumulated a great deal of information on the Baxters in the last few months. My granddaughter and I went to Leeds, Canada in June of this year and researched in Brockville, Kinston and Toronto. I had already gotten some concrete information from my mother in the 70's so had a good base to start my investigation. I have found this very interesting. Am also in touch with a gentleman in Texas who has been searching this family since the mid 80's. Find we are distant relatives. We have not been able to discover information on the Thomas family. Hiram Baxter, grandson or great grandson of Simon Baxter, was married to Delanah Thomas.

I will be leaving early Tuesday morning for a two week trip and will check my E-mail before I leave to see if you have gotten this message. Am not computor eliterate enough to know how to pick up E-mail away from home. My son or daughter may know how.

Have a few pictures also. My sister got most of my mother's possessions and; as of yet, has not parted with them. We may want to correspond "off the list." Ann
Also have info on the Shipman family - very large.