Board:
Message Boards > Localities > North America > United States > States > Connecticut > Counties > New Haven

URL:
http://boards.rootsweb.com/localities.northam.usa.states.connecticut.counties.newhaven/452
4.1.1.2.1/mb.ashx

Subject: Re: New Haven Baseball- Eastern League1900 -1920 Jerry O'Connell, Larry Hannafin
Author: teecee3467
Date: Wednesday, September 21, 2011
Classification: Query
Surnames:

I have been doing quite a bit of genealogy research in Norfolk, and the Jeremiah O'Connells buried in St Mary's are related, but not Jerry the baseball player. He is buried in the family plot in Winsted. Have you checked the Norfolk Historical society? There is a notebook of info on Norfolk residents. It was put together by a lady in the 1930's, she went to all the cemeteries in the area, wrote the inscriptions, and often added details that she found. Sometimes it was the death record number, or who was related to who, nicknames, etc. This is where I found some info on the other Jerry Connells buried there. My contact name for the society is Richard Byrnes. A great resource.
Jerry the baseball player's dad John was a brother to one of the Jerry's in Norfolk.
I dont think the message boards will allow attachments, but i would love to see the card, I will try to find it on ebay.
My tree on Ancestry is public, and I have an article on Jerry, if you are interested, and cant find it, i can email it to you.
teecee3467 is how I am listed in Ancestry, also.

You may be able to find more on Larry's parents or brothers by checking the town hall records, and the baptismal records at the catholic church.
I will keep my eyes open for Hannifin's of Norfolk.
t