Board:
Message Boards > Localities > North America > United States > States > Connecticut > Counties > New Haven

URL:
http://boards.rootsweb.com/localities.northam.usa.states.connecticut.counties.newhaven/113
8.1/mb.ashx

Subject: Re: Broderick Ancestors
Author: ghrmatt
Date: Wednesday, August 12, 2009
Classification: Query
Surnames:

I stumbled on your 2001 post. My name is Matthew A. Broderick and I am one of the Yonkers NY Brodericks. My gggrandfather was Peter Broderick of Dungarvan, Waterford (born around 1806) who married Mary Keily, also of Dungarvan around 1829. Peter and Mary had 6 children, one of whom was Richard, my ggrandfather. The others were Mary Margaret (born 1833), Michael (born 1836), John (born 1837), Joanna (born 1838)and Peter (born 1842). Richard emigrated prior to 1857, married Ellen Ryan (also from Waterford)and settled in Yonkers. Richard and Ellen had 11 children but only 3 survived beyond their 27th year. The survivors were Bridget Elizabeth, John R. and Matthew Aloysius (not Adrian), my grandfather. Matthew Aloysius did in fact operate a realty office on South Broadway in Yonkers across the street from the then Loews theater. Dick Broderick (a cousin)had a flower shop on Manor House Square, a short distance away. Matthew Aloysius and his wife Mary had 6 children; Raymond, Irene, Matthew Adrian I (my father), Mary, Harold, Ruth and her twin, Alma (died at a very early age). Raymond's children were Raymond Jr. and James. Irene had 5 girls; Irene, Joan, Barbara, Susan and Mary Therese. Matthew Adrian I had 4 children; Matthew Adrian II (me), Jeffery, Robert and Sara Elizabeth. Mary's children are Mary Ann, Kathlene, James and Matthew. Harold's children are Cary and Virginia. Ruth's husband, John Flynn, was a Yonkers Mayor and a State Senator. Their children are Joan, Arlene and Betty Ann. I would be very interested in learning how this might fit in with your family.