Board:
Message Boards > Localities > North America > United States > States > Connecticut > Counties > Middlesex

URL:
http://boards.rootsweb.com/localities.northam.usa.states.connecticut.counties.middlesex/15
00.2.1/mb.ashx

Subject: Re: Frances Drusilla Smith b. 1826 daughter of James Smith
Author: JoanneWright199
Date: Monday, November 02, 2015
Classification: Query
Surnames:

Thank you so much for your help. I will make a posting on the founders page as suggested,
Samuel Johnson Hubbard did get around. He farmed in Connecticut, but also grew oranges in Federal Point Florida! I have a picture of him in Florida in his later years.
My real interest is with France's Drusilla Smith, as she is a Mayflower descendant, and I have to prove her parentage in order to join. I have a few printed family genealogy references that list her as a child of Dorothy (Sears) Smith, but will need primary source documentation, if it can be found. The lack of Middletown church baptismal records at the time of her birth does not help, and I can't even find a record of her marriage. I have the 1850 census showing her living at home with her parents, but so far that's the only primary source material I can find.
I will try the Middletown Historical Society next, as they may have some Smith family material that could help, or other documents not on Family Search or the web.