Board:
Message Boards > Localities > North America > United States > States > Connecticut > Counties > Middlesex

URL:
http://boards.rootsweb.com/localities.northam.usa.states.connecticut.counties.middlesex/14
26.2.1.1.1/mb.ashx

Subject: Re: 1919 obituary for Rev. William Swinnerton?
Author: rogersc1
Date: Sunday, March 27, 2011
Classification: Query
Surnames:

Wonderful to hear from you! My husband is the grandson of the Reverend Swinnerton's youngest son, Arthur Vincent Swinnerton Sr. (this makes my husband a great grandson of the Reverend). Emma Eliza was one of the Bridgeport Swinnertons, is that right?

I recently received the Reverend's obituary from the Stamford Advocate. Also have some information from the FHL microfilm of the records of the North Stamford Congregational Church, where Rev. Swinnerton was pastor from about 1889 to 1900. I would be delighted to pass this information on to you, if you do not have it already.

I also would love to hear more about the Bridgeport Swinnertons. The Stamford Swinnertons were not close to these aunts and uncles, and know little about them.

My email is rogersc@georgetown.edu

I started working on my husband's family history after working for 20+ years on my own Polish-American ancestry.

Once again, let me say that I am very happy to hear from you, and I hope that you will be in touch.

Best regards, Carol Rogers