Board:
Message Boards > Localities > North America > United States > States > Connecticut > Counties > Hartford

URL:
http://boards.rootsweb.com/localities.northam.usa.states.connecticut.counties.hartford/324
8.6.1/mb.ashx

Subject: Re: TRYON's of Wethersfield, CT
Author: AmandaAlmond
Date: Sunday, May 14, 2017
Classification: Query
Surnames: TRYON, CHAPMAN, DOUGLAS, MERIWETHER

The Tryon's you mention were never in Lexington, KY but in Louisville, KY

I have not been doing any genealogy for quite some time due to health reasons and most of my records are packed away. I do have some photos somewhere of the graves of Anne E. Tryon, and her three grandchildren from the marriage of Frank B and Julia D. Tryon.

Marshall Tryon, Sr., did die in 1838 and is buried in Glastonbury, CT. His wife's maiden name was listed as Hawks in a Wes Tryon publication on the Tryon Family in America but I have never done any searches to verify her maiden name as Hawks.

It appears she died in Illinois ca 1868 possibly living with a daughter or sister, as I believe she is listed in the census records for Illinois in 1860 and was buried in Cave Hill Cemetery along side two of her unmarried grandchild, Lillie and William B. Tryon. I believe it is possible she was buried in Illinois and later was reinterred in the family plot in Cave Hill Cemetery, Louisville, KY

Marshall Sr and Anne E. had two known sons, and two possible twin daughters I have yet to verify from the Wes Tryon publication. Marshall H. Tryon, Jr., born 1813 was my 2nd great-grandfather and his wife Cleore Elizabeth Chapman Tryon, born 1815, daughter of Anson Chapman and Ruth Tryon, who were first cousins. They married 1835 in Hartford, CT.

Frank B. Tryon was the younger son born ca 1828 in Glastonbury, CT and was fighting on the Confederate side during the war and died in the Battle of Stone's River from wounds. He is buried in the National Evergreen Cemetery in Murfreesboro, TN. His wife was Julia Douglas Morsell, was born in Louisville, KY. They had three young children at the time of his death. William B., Emily and Lillie. William and Lillie never married, Emily married and is buried in a family plot also in Cave Hill Cemetery.

She remarried a few years later to her late sisters husband, Augustus Meriwether. They are both buried in Cave Hill Cemetery, Louisville, KY. The local historical society has letters from Frank to Julia while he was fighting in the war - the Meriwether Society donated them to the historical society. He was a descendant of Meriwether Lewis of the Lewis & Clark explorers of the Pacific Northwest.

As for the twin daughters of Marshall, Sr and Anne E. the names given in Wes Tryon's genealogy book were Cleore and Ruth, born 29 Jan 1815 and I have never researched any databases for them nor found them listed in census records.