Board:
Message Boards > Localities > North America > United States > States > Connecticut > Counties > Hartford

URL:
http://boards.rootsweb.com/localities.northam.usa.states.connecticut.counties.hartford/324
8.1.1/mb.ashx

Subject: Re: TRYON's of Wethersfield, CT
Author: mmmmikkimac
Date: Tuesday, September 22, 2009
Classification: Query
Surnames: TRYON, CHAPMAN, HAWKS, HAYDEN

Thank you so very much.

In the 1900 Census for Buffalo, NY, Marshall's wife Cleore Elizabeth CHAPMAN TRYON and three children were still living. She stated she had given birth to seven children. I have found five now. There was an Isaac C. TRYON, in business with Marshall in 1854 Buffalo, NY and while that was the name of his father, it also may have been a son I have yet to find.

It's too bad the obituaries of the time were not more specific. I have found the obituary for Marshall, Jr., and his only known daughter but not that of his wife and the two sons still living with her at the time of the census.

Marshall, Jr., is believed to have had twin sisters Cleore and Ruth that I have yet to find so I am hopeful.

I am also seeking information on the location of the burial of his father, Marshall Hayden TRYON, Sr., and his mother Ann Elizabeth HAWKS TRYON. I am interested in locating family information on the HAWKS and CHAPMAN lines, as well as being curious if HAYDEN is also a family surname.

I have been looking for this family for over 21 yrs and this year has been one where I am finally making contact with people who have information.

Thanks again.