Board:
Message Boards > Localities > North America > United States > States > Connecticut > Counties > Hartford

URL:
http://boards.rootsweb.com/localities.northam.usa.states.connecticut.counties.hartford/184
4.1.1/mb.ashx

Subject: Re: I have microfilms on Bristol Vital Records
Author: karla Bronson
Date: Sunday, March 09, 2008
Classification: Query
Surnames: Bronson,Tyler, Stone,Curt,Hayes,Armstrong,Urey,Williams

Sue, Hi,
Seems we meet again online, I am still trying to pursue the same avenue as you are. This Alva/h bronson has been a stumbling block for me for years now. I have him married to Harriet U.Tyler as you do, People say the Bronson's go back to 1600's in CT. Burton B. Bronson has said he has found 2 Alva/h's in his research, Alvah sr being born Mar 15 1787 in Bristol,Hartford County CT, but has him married to Sarah "Sally" Tinker, has him dying in 1861 in Steuben County NY. Then he has an Alva Jr born 1822 in Saratoga County Ny and dying in Steuben County, NY but married to a Harriet Jeanette Wilkinson who died 1913 in Hornell NY. Any thoughts on this, there are similarities but can't nail anything down yet. Also had found out in my research that James M. Bronson son of my Alva was born in Bradford County PA, then later moved to Cherry Valley Ohio. There is a close proximity from NY to Bradford PA, then to Ohio, then back to Mercer County. It is a radius of closeness?? Have you found the story of the 5 Bronson brothers who set out from CT and went to Ohio to establish Columbia OH. I wish we could figure this Alva/Harriet thing out, I think it would help us both immensely in our research. Karla Bronson