Board:
Message Boards > Localities > North America > United States > States > California > Counties > Nevada

URL:
http://boards.rootsweb.com/localities.northam.usa.states.california.counties.nevada/20.186
.236/mb.ashx

Subject: Higgins Family, Higgins Corner CA
Author: Sharon Albert
Date: Friday, March 03, 2000
Classification: Query
Surnames: Higgins

I was so surprise to find your response on line. The Higgins family your are referring to are my ancestors. Michael J. Higgins and Mary Driscoll Higgins were my great grandparents. I have spent much time up around Higgins Corner trying to locate some information on where Michael came from in Ireland. I keep running into dead ends. The post office there is still Higgins Corner and across the street where the store and gas station were is the Higgins Corner Fire Department. My Great Grandfathers old barn is still standing (they have had to do some repairs on it) but it is a feed store now. The House was across the street from the store. My great Aunt Kate used to run the store along with Uncle Bill. Uncle Bill was a blacksmith there at Higgins Corner. Someone told me there was an article on his shop in the Auburn paper in the late 50s. I also had a great Uncle Ed who owned part of the ranch, but he kept to himself pretty much. In the late 50's after my grandmother, Aunt Kate and Uncle Ed had passed away, Uncle Bill sold the ranch. I am very interested in getting copies of the pictures and card and any other information you might be able to come by. I thought I was at a dead end and now I have found you! Wonders never cease. Hope to hear from you soon. Sharon