Board:
Message Boards > Localities > North America > United States > States > California > Counties > Nevada

URL:
http://boards.rootsweb.com/localities.northam.usa.states.california.counties.nevada/1243.1
.1/mb.ashx

Subject: Re: Louis Pardini
Author: Susan McGill
Date: Thursday, February 12, 2004
Classification: Query
Surnames: Pardini Nardini

Thank you for contacting me, and for your offer of help. I know almost nothing of my grandfather, Louis (Luigi) Pardini. From what little I do know, though, it appears that it is possible that our families are related.

As I understand it, your great grandfather had a half brother named Joseph Pardini. My great grandfather was also Joseph Pardini.

I understand that, when your Louis left San Francisco, he first moved to Towle in Placer County. My maternal grandparents, Arrigo (Henry) and Maria
Nardini, lived in Alta, Placer County, in that same time frame. After that, the Nardini's moved several times, then settled in San Francisco.

My grandparents, Louis Pardini and Rose Nardini were married in San Francisco in about 1915. They had two children.

Rose died in 1920, and Louis took the children to live with his brother or brothers in Larkspur, Marin County. Two months after Rose died, Louis committed suicide. The "informant" on the death certificate was Joseph Pardini.

I believe that Joseph was my grandfather's brother, not his father. As I understand it, there was at least one other brother there as well. I have no idea what that brother's name was, nor if there were any other members of
his family there.

I know that it is tenuous, but it is the only straw I have right now. Does any of this fit with the information you have on your family?

Susan