Board:
Message Boards > Localities > North America > United States > States > Arkansas > Counties > White

URL:
http://boards.rootsweb.com/localities.northam.usa.states.arkansas.counties.white/3587.1/mb
.ashx

Subject: Re: James (?) Jennings death, White Co., ARK abt 1890-1900
Author: Claudia Morris
Date: Sunday, December 04, 2016
Classification: Biography
Surnames: Jennings, Bringle, Culbreath, Cockrill, Robertson, Miler, Pate

Hello from Augusta, GA.

I am thrilled to have stumbled upon your post while researching my maternal grandfather's family. My grandfather was James Claud Jennings born August 2, 1892 who was born in Searcy, AR. Both his parents James and Sallie Cockrill Jennings were born in Tennessee, probably Tipton County in West Tennessee 30 miles or so from my hometown Memhis. My great grandmother also appears in my father's family tree for the Cockrill Culbreath family. This Cockrill line descends from John and Ann Cockrill of the days of Fort Nashborough, later Nashville where she is commemorated as the first teacher in Tennessee. She was sister James Robertson of North Carolina, Charlotte, I believe.

My grandfather James Claud, he was always called Claud, married Emma Evelyn/Eva Bringle. She was born in Tipton County November 14, 1894. Her father was Peter Albert Bringle and I would love to learn more. Her mother was Laura E. "Jane" Miller. My mother was Sara(h) Laura Jennings Culbreath also born in Tipton County as was my father. Ironically, seeing the surname Pate included above reminds me that my aunt Bernice Jennings, my mother's sister-in-law who lived with mother's brother Shelby in Covington, knew a Mary Pate in Covington. She may have been her aunt.

While I could not answer your question, your post was a great find for me. Please tell me about your connections. I would be very interested to hear.

Thank you,
Claudia Morris