Board:
Message Boards > Localities > North America > United States > States > Arkansas > Counties > St. Francis

URL:
http://boards.rootsweb.com/localities.northam.usa.states.arkansas.counties.stfrancis/345.1
764.1765/mb.ashx

Subject: JONES/GRIGGS ANCESTORS
Author: Denise Griggs
Date: Thursday, December 21, 2000
Classification:
Surnames:

Hi! Thank you for responding. The JONES family names are:

Lucy Jones (aka The Foreigner). She was born in TN aprx. 1839. I am unsure when she died but when her husband James/Jim GRIGGS died in 1888, his youngest son was given to an older son to raise. One of Jim and Lucy's sons was my ggrandfather, Lev Griggs, who married two sisters. His first wife was Phillis Jones, and his next wife was her sister, Frances Jones. They might have been his cousins, but I am unsure at this point. They also had a sister named Malinda Jones. Phillis and Frances parents were Andy Jones and either Dinah or Joanna Jones. My Dad (Griggs) was born in Widener, just a ways from Forrest City. I still have relatives there. Jim Griggs and Lucy Jones owned property in what is now Newcastle. Lev died in 1950. Phillis died aprx. 1934 in Parkin and Frances died aprx. 1939. I tried to obtain their death certificates, but to no avail. I understand that Malinda (Aunt Lindy) died in a fire during the late 30's/early 40's. Well, if this helps, let me know. Thanks! - Denise