Board:
Message Boards > Localities > North America > United States > States > Arkansas > Counties > Little River

URL:
http://boards.rootsweb.com/localities.northam.usa.states.arkansas.counties.littleriver/194
.2/mb.ashx

Subject: Re: Cordie Lee Anthony and Benny Hearn
Author: RfHOUSTON
Date: Wednesday, May 23, 2012
Classification: Query
Surnames: Anthony and Hearn

I'm not any relation, but have an interested in other families which lived in Arkansas. Here's what I was able to glean for you.

This information I retrieved from both Ancestry.com (the Anderson family tree) and going through the census. Wasn't able to find those other siblings of Cordie, but if you go to this tree and send a message to the owner of this family tree, giving them some type of family identification that they will recognize, I'll bet they'll share with you all those names and etc which will help your search.
Rhonda Warmack Houston
(rfhouston@mindspring.com)

Cordie Dellie Lee Anthony
b. Aug 15, 1904 in Arkansas d. 1949 in Orange, Texas (noted as Orange County, rather than Harris, Houston, Texas, as you mentioned)
Parents:
James Henry Anthony
b. 15 Mar 1878 Johnson, Little River, Arkansas
d. Jul 1971 Memphis, Shelby Tennessee
Dollie (called Vallie) b. 1895 Arkansas
With seven children all born in Franklin, Little River, Arkansas and all noted as private with only Cordie noted as passed away.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The only Dollie that I could find that lived within the same area as Dollie Anthony, was a Dollie Calbaham who appears in the 1900 census, born in Arkansas what was then Twp 5, Choctaw Nation, Indian Territory, daughter of William B. Calbaham and Ivy

Arkansas Marriages, 1851-1900 about Ivey Donolson
Name: W. B. Callahan
Spouse: Ivey Donolson
Marriage Date:10 Oct 1899
County: Yell
State: AR

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Learned from researching that James Henry Anthony's parents names were: Jonathan Anthony who died on 08 Mar 1925 Hempstead, Arkansas who married Mary E. Jewell in Hempstead, Arkansas on 24 Dec 1868) (Found out that Mary's parents had had 6 children, for whom Mary had been #5, who belonged to James Jewel b. 1830 Tennessee and Sarah M. Unknown as of yet b. 1830 Arkansas, who married @ 1848, and had their first child Mathilda J. Jewell in 1851 in Mississippi, which was when the government opened Mississippi up for homesteading. What I've found is that usually the first child of most seekers of new places to live, only spent enough time in Mississippi because although there appeared to be land available, what actually had been done is to an attempt to turn the swamps into land so people could live and build a home there, but the mosquitoes were still there from which many died of malaria, which compelled many to go back home and begin living again which I what I've venture to say the Jewel family did. In 1860, Mathilda J. and sister Mary E. Jewell with their parents and three other siblings living in Carouse, Quachita, Arkansas.) Something that may assist you, is to know that (1910) Mathilda Jane Jewel married twice:

(1)
Spouse's Name: William J Wheat
Spouse's Age: 21
Marriage Date: 24 Dec 1868
Marriage County: Hempstead
Event Type: Marriage

(2)
Residence: Millwood, Little River, Arkansas
Spouse's Name: J C Dudley
Spouse's Age: 59
Spouse's Residence: Millwood, Little River, Arkansas
Marriage Date:7 Jan 1915