Board:
Message Boards > Localities > North America > United States > States > Arkansas > Counties > Little River

URL:
http://boards.rootsweb.com/localities.northam.usa.states.arkansas.counties.littleriver/116
3/mb.ashx

Subject: BREEDLOVES in Little River County, AR
Author: CHRISTIEBERKLEY
Date: Wednesday, May 07, 2008
Classification: Query
Surnames: BREEDLOVE, AUSTIN, KIZER, KISER, MORGAN, MARTIN

Looking for more info. on the following Breedlove siblings.

William Breedlove - born Dec. 1851 in MS. 1900 census shows he's in Bowie County, TX and widowed.

Sallie Breedlove - born Feb. 1860 in AR. 1900 census shows she's in Choctaw Nation, I.T. 1910 & 1920 censuses shows she's in McCurtain Co, OK. She married Simon Morgan sometime between 1881-1893. I have no info. on Simon Morgan other than he was born in AR. They had two children: Dulcy/Dulsie Morgan born abt. 1893 and Myrtle Ann Morgan born Nov. 2 1896/1897. Sallie had a child, Mary Lynus, in 1881 out of wedlock. (There's much more to that family story.) Mary and her sister Dulsie married Martin brothers Lewis and Charlie. Mary, Lewis, Charlie, and Dulsie all had children, but died fairly young. Myrtle said her mother Sallie was blind.

W. Dave Breedlove - born about 1860 in AR. 1910 census shows he's living with his sister Sallie. Married Rhoda Bell Austin in 1889 but they were divorced in 1916 as he deserted her. They had a child, Amanda Breedlove, but I don't know if she lived beyond childhood. He went blind before he died.

John W./M. Breedlove - born abt. 1865 in MS/AR. Married Margaret Austin (sister of Rhoda Austin who married Dave Breedlove). They had children: Ada Breedlove b: 1890, Lucy Breedlove b: 1893, and Ida Breedlove b: 1900. Ada Breedlove married John Smith who soon died. She had a child, Estelle/Esther SMith. She then married Jim Adams. They had three children: Fatrel? Adams, Lowie Adams, and Pearl Adams. Pearl married a Calloway. Lucy married Ezekiel Davis and had children Lily L. Davis b: 1908, Bell Davis b: 1912, and Emma Faye Davis b: 1920. Faye married Virgil Dillard and they had children Donna, Freeman, Gail, James, and Patricia. After Virgil died she married Claude Chadwick. She and Virgil Dillard and Claude Chadwick are buried in the Byram Cemetery in Tom, OK. The Breedlove Lake in McCurtain County is named after him as he used to own the land and have a home on the lake. John left to work on the railroad and never returned. He made his home in Harney, Oregon where he died in 1946. He went blind before he died.

Is anyone familiar with this family? I'm also told there is a Rhodie Breedlove in the Byram ledger, but I went to the cemetery and did not find his grave. There are many grave stones in the cemetery that have deteriorated and cannot be read.

Christie