Board:
Message Boards > Localities > North America > United States > States > Connecticut > Counties > New London

URL:
http://boards.rootsweb.com/localities.northam.usa.states.connecticut.counties.newlondon/38
61.2/mb.ashx

Subject: Re: Susan Elizabeth Beckwith (Born 1823 Lyme CT)/ Bump
Author: Melanie Ham
Date: Saturday, September 08, 2018
Classification: Biography
Surnames: Beckwith

Hi
Unfortunately I cannot help wtih what you need. I am responding because I grew up in Old Lyme and a Beckwith family was close with my family, the Leets. One sister was Louise who married a Goodwin. Another was Francis who married Harry Leach. There was a brother, who I only knew as Tex. He lived with Louise late in his life who took total care of him, my mother helped her out. My understanding was he had lingering problems from the war but don't know what they were. I have not been able to get back even one generation. I know there have been Beckwiths in the Old Lyme area back to the revolution as well as other small towns in the area, like Chester. If you have any clues you could pass along I am appreciative. None of them had living children in my lifetime-they all died in late 1960's to mid-70's. No relation as far as I know but they were like family to use as many are in small towns with multiple generations growing and living together.